Monday, February 26, 2007

Apologies for the light blogging

I have been a bit busy with other things in my life which have disabled my ability to update this blog on a regular basis. I will do my best to blog as much as possible despite the current situation I am experiencing.

In the meantime, I was saddened to hear of the verdict involved embattled Egyptian blogger Abdel Kareem being sentenced to life for the mere crime of criticizing the Islamic faith. Now as a Muslim, I should theoretically be hostile towards those who are critical, but I should also exercise tact and respect towards the other. It's not like Kareem was some LGF idiot who advocated nuking Muslims or what not. According to Esra'a at MidEastYouth, he was relatively harmless and respectful towards others. It's no surprise to me that a majority of the supporters are practicing Muslims, who are also friends with him. I can't help but to respect the individual for putting up with his actions. Like him or hate him, you have to respect the fact that he is willing to take responsbility for his own actions and stand up for what he believes in.

I just hope that the state of democracy and freedom will not be given the back burner due to this setback.

May Allah swt help Abdel Kareem in his quest for freedom.

No comments: