Monday, February 26, 2007

Photos from Hajj 1952

Found these photos from a friend of mine and thought they were mesmerizing to see how Hajj was 55 years ago. Photos courtesy of National Geographic:

Jeddah Airport



Sea route



Self-explanatory



Don't know who they are, but I like the fez



Arafah Plain





Day of Arafah



Coca-Cola, way before the boycott started



Jumratul



Shopping





I'm surprised they smoked the sheesha there at the time



Security



This is truly surreal, hard to believe this was just 54 years ago









From the source

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey

Just subscribed to your RSS. hopefully you update your blog. I like what I am seeing :)

temporal said...

nice pics.

have added a link to this on my blog

Lukman Sa'ad said...

I repost to my website "Photos from Hajj 1952" from your homepage. many thanks

Lukman
http://jerman90.wordpress.com